Whether you are in the advertising or media or event organizing industries, project management skills are becoming a core competency of today’s professionals and an important work function of any kind of business.
Inefficient and Ineffective Management = Low Employee Output
and Poor Work Performance = Revenue Loss + Profit Decline
Learn and apply basic elements of Project Management (PM) to your job to support project success. As reported by Project Management Institute (PMI) 2013 Pulse of the ProfessionTM, an organization’s ability to meet project timelines, budgets and especially goals significantly impacts its ability to survive — and even thrive. To work together effectively on any project, everyone on the team needs to use a common language and have a clear understanding of all expectations.
You have to understand essential PM’s terminology and apply basic PM tools and techniques to increase your effectiveness both on the team and in your own functional area. The State of the Project Management Office (PMO) 2010 says PMOs help to:
- Reduce failed projects
- Deliver projects under budget
- Improve productivity
- Deliver projects ahead of schedule
- Increase cost savings
By learning PM, you will benefit:
- Know the purpose and process of project management.
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and needs of project team members.
- Identify and apply critical project management tools.
- Identify stakeholders, their relationships to each other and how these relationships affect projects.
- Recognize stakeholder issues within the organization.
- Identify and apply critical communication tools and protocols.
Some more references: